September 24, 2007

Same old, same old.

A short update of the going-ons in London, I'm afraid still nothing exciting. Sorry to disappoint, I'm doing my best, though!
Went to a great Cuban bar (with live music) last Friday, discovered a love for Mojitos. Sadly, also discovered that I have no hips and no rhythm. But I do have two left feet.
I missed the last train home (by 3 minutes!), so ended up having to walk over Waterloo Bridge - Wow, fantastic view. (No, Mam. I wasn't alone. Jess, a Belgian girl from Campus was with me.)
Got up quite late on Sunday and went to a tiny little Anglican chapel across the road from me. Goodness, talk about fish out of water. They were all eerily friendly and had lovely hymns, but I felt as though they were trying to recruit me for some type of Christian missionary organisation; their main message was quite simplified. Not sure I agree that the world is either black or white...what about the colours? ;-)
After that there was brunch with my fellow floormates (Hooray, somebody brought Nutella) and a trip to the Camden markets. The sun was shining, music was being played, colours, flavours - just brilliant, my sort of place. People from all walks of life; and, incidentally, also shoppers' paradise. I must find a job!

This morning I was woken by the fire alarm - a most inhumane time of 7:15 in the morning. It was pouring rain and I was barefoot. Just charming. On the other hand quite hilarious seeing everyone in their pyjamas (aren't I glad I bought a new pair!)
Have spent all day at uni, queueing once again (actually having difficulty spelling that) and filling out various forms. Have met with my personal tutor Dr. Pott (who seems very nice, if a little stern) and am now looking forward to my first lecture (European History since 1800) tomorrow morning.
It will be nice to finally have a purpose for being in London, no more of this dilly-dallying! ;-)

2 comments:

sfisches said...

Hey Kathleen!

Well, you really seem to have embraced the English way of life already. Queueing all day long ;-)

Good to hear that you are doing well over there, but I didn't expect otherwise.

By the way: I think having a room for you alone is boring. You quite possibly miss out on something. However, I guess one can see that differently ;-)

Well, I am looking forward for more entries and more pictures but until then I hope you find your first lecture tomorrow interesting and continue to do well.

Greetings,

Stefan
(who is, as you pointed out quite correctly a person, not a simpson ;-))

Anonymous said...

Hotel Mama?!? Who's taking out the trash?

Mike